CATALYST AV DISTRIBUTION NETWORK INKS EXCLUSIVE DEAL WITH ENERG TO BRING RECURRING MONTHLY REVENUE-GENERATING HOME AWARENESS & ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM TO AV INTEGRATORS
Innovative and fun-to-use system delivers tangible results for homeowner and can substantially boost integrator’s monthly income
BURLINGTON, MA – September 24, 2013 – Catalyst AV, a nationwide distribution network of specialty AV solutions with 18-locations across the US, has inked an exclusive deal with the enerG Corporation. enerG is a new company whose focus is on energy management and home awareness by way of a recurring revenue model for the AV integrator - a first to the custom channel. Catalyst AV began promoting the offering to its network of 15,000 + integrators this month.
enerG offers homeowners a system (utilizes Z-Wave platform) to customize and control all connected devices in the home - namely managing energy consumption, controlling lighting, granting garage door access and providing keyless entry and wireless HD viewing. Interaction takes place via a mobile App (Android, iOS devices) or the enerGhome.com portal. enerG provides the entire back-end infrastructure on which the system operates. The homeowner subscribes to a monthly service plan (starts at $29.99) to access the system.
enerG offers integrators a complete line of components in which to build a system in accordance with the homeowner’s needs. The line consists of thermostats, smart energy meters, indoor and outdoor cameras, lighting control, electronic door locks and related accessories. According to enerG President Greg Brett, these many different aspects of home control make the enerG system the most robust recurring monthly revenue (RMR) offering in the channel today as until enerG the RMR model has been relegated to system maintenance and security system monitoring plans.
The enerG compensation model is also different from what currently exists in the custom channel. In addition to profiting from selling and installing the components, the integrator receives a commission check from enerG for each month the homeowner’s system is active. The higher the service plan, the greater the monthly commission. enerG manages the monthly subscription billing to the homeowner and plans to “market back” to the homeowner as a way to drive additional sales and commission opportunities to the integrator.
“The enerG system is a game-changing opportunity at a time when integrators need it the most,” says Steve Presti, board member of Catalyst AV and principal of Easy Access Distribution. “The technology is hot, the back-end logistics are in place and the system is quick to install. Homeowners will find the system to be both easy and fun to use and in many instances the cost savings achieved through the energy management can offset the monthly subscription costs. This is a home-run for everyone.”
”The enerG offering is different from what’s previously been available from the custom distributor for 3 reasons: it’s an extremely robust solution that consumers can get their arms around, it employs a unique recurring revenue model and it’s targeted at the AV integrator,” notes Presti. “While the custom channel has seen RMR models from distributors in the form of security platforms, having a distribution network selected as the go-to-market ‘vehicle’ for an offering of enerG’s magnitude is unprecedented. We said a year ago when Catalyst AV formed that we would bring something different, and that’s exactly what we’ve achieved through companies such as enerG.”
The enerG system is scalable and affordable. The pre-packaged systems are as follows:
• $429 MSRP Starter Package (gateway hub, thermostat and 2 smart enerG switches)
• $599 MSRP Connected Home Package (adds lighting and whole house smart meter)
• $1,299 MSRP Home Awareness Package (adds HD Viewing and Cloud based services to allow up to 4 terabytes of recording and viewing video)
• $1,499 Home Awareness Plus Package (adds keyless entry)
enerG Monthly Service Plan
• $29.99 per month (Starter and Connected Home Packages)
• $39.99 per month (Home Awareness, and Home Awareness Package Plus)
As many like products as desired can be added to the corresponding package at no additional service fee.
The enerG system is available from all members of the Catalyst AV distribution network:
• Allnet Distributing (www.allnetdistributing.com) (Midwest)
• Audio Video Warehouse (www.av-warehouse.com) (Nevada, Arizona)
• Custom Partners (www.custompartners.com) (Metro-NY)
• Custom Plus Distributing (www.customplusdistributing.com) (Pacific NW / Alaska)
• Easy Access Distribution (www.easyaccessdistribution.com) (Northeast)
• Electronic Lane Distributors (www.electroniclane.com) (Southwest)
• Electronics Source (www.electronics-source.com) (Florida and Southeast)
• Electronic Stockroom (www.electronicstockroom.com) (California)
• HCA Distributing (www.hcadist.com) (Rocky Mountains)
• Pioneer Music Company (www.pioneermusicinc.com) (Plains States)
• SPD (www.spmreps.com/sound-product-distributing) (Upstate NY)
• Tech Source Distributors (www.techsourcedist.com) (Mid-Atlantic)
Please direct all Catalyst AV media inquiries to Paul Muto at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631.849.4301.
About enerG Corporation
Founded in 2013, enerG provides homeowners a scalable and affordable system that delivers an increased recognition of energy efficiency and home awareness using intuitive control devices. The company connects homeowners and professional installers to better maintain the systems in a home, thus ensuring maximum performance. www.enerGhome.com
About Catalyst AV
Founded in 2012, Catalyst AV is a network of 12 independent consumer electronics distributors serving the residential and professional AV channels in the U.S. Catalyst AV grants manufacturers a consistent and cohesive nationwide distribution model to more than 15,000 professional integration specialists. Catalyst AV benefits integrators by delivering all the products and support necessary to execute the demands of job specifications with confidence. www.catalystav.com